The holidays are coming and you will surely be waiting for Christmas and New Year’s Eve dinner, but if you love sweets and do not want to leave them off the menu, the ideal option is to prepare some delicious and crunchy fritters for that special touch.
Today I will show you the step by step of this easy recipe, gather the ingredients and establish a Christmas atmosphere to make it special, put on music and surround yourself with those you love the most to make it come true.
Everyone will be happy and satisfied with the dessert!
These are the ingredients you must gather:
• 2 cups flour.
• 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
• 1 spoon of sugar.
• ½ teaspoon of salt
• 1 egg
• 1 tablespoon of butter (already melted and at room temperature)
• ¾ cup of warm water
• 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 cups of vegetable oil to fry the fritters
• Sugar to sprinkle
After you gather them you will perform the step by step:
- Choose a large bowl where you can put the flour, the baking powder, ½ teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- When you have them there you make a hole in the center with your hand or fist so that you can add the egg there, the melted butter, the teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- Go adding water and kneading the mixture until the mixture is homogeneous and consistent.
You must make sure that it is smooth and has no lumps. Cover it and let it rest for 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes at rest, divide the dough into 12 balls and cover them with kitchen napkins. On a kitchen board you are going to flatten each ball to form a circle as thin as you can so the fritter will be more crispy. Be careful that it doesn’t get damaged.
- In a pan you are going to add the oil, when it is hot, add the fritters and remove them when they are golden.
- Allocate kitchen napkins so that when you take them out they absorb all the oil. When they are drier, sprinkle sugar and if you like you can add a little cinnamon.
- You can also put melted modeling chocolate on it, it gives it the perfect touch.
Did you like this recipe? We would love for you to tell us here what you thought.
And we wish you to enjoy this delicious sweet with the people you love the most and have a happy holiday season.