If cookies alone are so delicious, can you imagine a cookie sandwich filled with strawberry jam? It would be an explosion of Christmas adventure in your mouth. Learn to make these ideal cookies for your Christmas or New Year dinner with us.
-3/4 cup butter, softened
-1 cup of white sugar
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-2 1/2 cups of wheat flour
-1 teaspoon of baking powder
-1/4 teaspoon of salt
-6 tablespoons of strawberry jam (if you don’t have ready-made jam just put some Duero IQF strawberries with 4 cups of sugar and a little lemon juice over low heat until you have the consistency) or use our strawberry pure pak without adding sugar.
- Beat the butter with the sugar in a large bowl, until fluffy. Gradually add the eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt; add to bowl with butter and mix until well incorporated. Refrigerate the dough for 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 175° Celsius (350° F). Grease several baking sheets
- Extend the dough on a flat and floured surface, until obtaining a thickness of just over 1/4 centimeter. Cut the dough with star-shaped cookie cutters.
- Place the cookies on the greased trays, separating them 2.5 centimeters from each other. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool completely. Spread 1 teaspoon of strawberry jam and place another cookie on top of the jam layer. And ready to enjoy.
Enjoy this recipe with your family and spend a unique and special holiday.