Welcome to the healthy cooking corner! This holiday season, we want to share a recipe that combines the cozy spirit of gingerbread cookies with the nutritious goodness of banana and oats. These Banana Oatmeal Gingerbread Cookies are not only delicious, but they are also a healthier option to satisfy your holiday cookie craving. With simple ingredients and easy steps, we invite you to join us in creating this baked treat that will fill your home with festive aromas and mindful nutrition. Let’s get started!
Recipe for gingerbread cookies with banana and oats:
2 ripe bananas.
2 cups of oats.
1/2 cup whole wheat flour.
1 teaspoon ginger powder.
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves.
1/4 cup coconut oil (melted).
1 Teaspoon vanilla extract.
A pinch of salt.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until smooth.
- Add the oats, whole wheat flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, coconut oil, vanilla essence and a pinch of salt to the mashed banana. Mix well until you obtain a homogeneous mass.
- Let the dough rest for about 10 minutes so that the oats absorb some of the moisture.
- With your hands, form small balls of dough and place them on the baking sheet, leaving enough space between each one.
- Use a fork to slightly flatten each cookie.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the tray for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
These Banana and Oatmeal Gingerbread Cookies are the perfect option to enjoy the charm of the season while taking care of your well-being! We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!